Being responsible with the environment does not have to be a difficult task, in fact with very simple actions in your daily habits you can make a big difference. Try to start saving the world from home with these simple measures:
- Unplug appliances and chargers that you are not using, as long as they are plugged in they will continue to consume energy.
- Turn off lights you don’t need at night and take advantage of natural light during the day.
- If possible, use energy efficient light bulbs and appliances. These save energy and are just as functional.
Don’t waste water
- Use the washing machine with a full load, this way you will spend less water when you wash your clothes.
- Don’t leave the faucet running while rinsing dishes, brushing, or waiting to take a shower, and also make sure you don’t have any water leaks.
- Take showers that last between 5 and 10 minutes, the longer you spend bathing, the more water you will use.
Don’t waste food
- Plan your meals and use the products that are about to go bad first, otherwise freeze them to prevent them from going bad.
- Instead of throwing food scraps in the trash, try to take advantage of them to create organic fertilizer for your plants.
Give second chances
- If you have items in good condition, consider donating them to someone in need instead of throwing them away.
- Before throwing away any material, ask yourself if you could give it a new use.
- Separate the waste that can be recycled and place it in the appropriate containers.
- Do not throw used batteries with the rest of the rubbish as they can be highly polluting. Instead, deliver them to collection points.
- Do not throw used oil down the sink, this will contaminate large amounts of water. Preferably wait for it to cool down, collect it in a container and deliver it to a clean point.